There are many benefits of improving transit in Cobb County. Here are a few:
Help Reduce Traffic Congestion
- Public transportation can convey more people in less space than individual automobiles, potentially reduce the number of vehicles on the road, and help lessen traffic congestion.
Improve Local Economy
- Per a study done by the America Public Transportation Association, 87% of trips on public transit have a direct impact on the local economy. Every $1 invested in public transit generates $4 in economic returns.
Strengthen Community Safety
- The 2019 Fact Book published by the American Public Transportation Association reports that cities with more than 40 annual public transit trips per person have HALF THE TRAFFIC FATALITY RATE of those with fewer than 20 trips per person.
Enhance Quality of Life
- Currently in the US, public transit use results in a reduction of 450,000,000 gallons of gas being burned which reduces pollution, per Smart Cities Dive.
- Many people experience increased well-being from taking public transit because of less stress from driving.